My client is a leading magazine publisher in the Middle East is looking for a dynamic, talented and driven Arabic Digital Editor to manage and lead one of their Arabic website on the ground in Riyadh.
The right candidate will have solid, proven experience working across online platforms and be adept at seamlessly moving between commercial and editorial projects with flair. This is an exciting opportunity to join an incredible team on one of the world’s leading magazine brands, and a chance to build on and mold a fresh, engaging and innovative digital presence in the GCC and beyond.
- To work closely with the teams across the entire brand portfolio, which includes, but is not limited to, Art, Interiors, Junior, Bride, and Best Dressed, as well as events and marketing, to ensure that each is being presented to its full digital potential, and leading them into thinking about digital representation at every editorial, marketing and commercial opportunity
- To develop a digital editorial strategy and editorial calendar with a schedule and guidelines that everyone is working to
- To manage the workload and upload process on a daily basis (including weekend scheduling)
- Responsible for ensuring the traffic targets are hit each month, whilst using reports from Google Analytics, encouraging the team to achieve the monthly website traffic goals.
- Excellent knowledge of SEO practices
- Help source and manage freelance media specialists for key digital projects
- Confidence to take the initiative and work with a small team and be prepared to work long hours to reach tight editorial and commercial deadlines when needed
- A working knowledge of basic content management systems (CMS) such as WordPress and/or Drupal is essential.
- A fair knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop is preferable
- To respect the editorial integrity and international guidelines of the brands when producing online content
Additional skills required:
- Creative flair that continually produces engaging stories for users / readers
- Structured, scheduled content management
- Brand and product development to support digital projects
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain high attention to detail
- Sensitivity to the specific requirements and cultural considerations presented by this region
- A very good understanding of media and the media market place, but not defined by it, and most definitely able to think outside its traditional parameters
- Promote the brand when necessary through brand events and public appearances and be a strong brand ambassador
The type of candidate who will be successful in this role is someone who understands media as a whole, but is specifically experienced in digital launches and must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Digital Editor on a title or brand focused on women’s lifestyle or luxury fashion.
Reporting to the Editor in Chief, the Arabic Digital Editor will manage a daily upload system that encompasses marketing collateral (newsletters, events and commercial content), digital reporting plus any freelance image/video support required for specific projects or busy periods.
Candidates should appreciate that the role is office based in Riyadh office, however travel on key projects may be required. Official hours are 9:00am – 6:00pm however out of hours work is expected on occasion, making up for quieter periods.
CareerDubai is one of the most trusted recruitment agencies in Dubai. We have been in Recruitment business in Dubai since 2004 and known to deliver results, nothing less than those expensive executive search agencies but at a much more reasonable fee. We have instant access to a global talent pool, bringing highest calibre of candidates with sought after skills and world class experience.