My client is a Saudi Consulting Company specialized in unifying the private sector’s voice, organizing its efforts, and building its Advocacy capabilities to engage it with the public sector professionally. They are currently looking for a Chief Policy Officer to join their team in Riyadh. Reporting to CEO, you will undertake policy research and gather objective evidence to identify policy development opportunities to support the policy making process or to influence policy decisions driven by Client’s Advocacy team. Below more details:
- Research, consult, and gather and analyze data to work with and help Client’s Advocacy team develop and shape public policies with leading decision-makers in the private and public sectors. Decision-makers can include government, think tanks, and businesses.
- Evaluate policy proposals, advising on benefits, risks, and potential implications.
- Assess the impact of policy decisions and communicate changes to the broader private and public sector communities through Client’s communication channels.
- Enhance and develop policy review systems and procedures internally.
- Develop mechanisms for the team to liaise with a range of internal and external stakeholders, members of the public, customers, regulators, and the media.
- Develop internal systems and procedures of capturing policy challenges, developing policy recommendations, driving out policy related research, and reporting mechanisms,
- Lead current and manage the recruitment of specialized policy research team,
- Undertake or commission research on a range of topics,
- Carry out consultations with internal and external stakeholders – including colleagues, customers, or members of the public,
- Draft briefings, reports, and speeches providing relevant evidence, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations,
- Deliver oral briefings and presentations,
- Provide evident supported policy recommendations to Client senior managers and Advocacy team to be presented to key private and public sector stakeholders, and decision-makers,
- Keep up to date with social, political, and economic developments, and develop briefing documents on them for internal teams and relevant private and public stakeholders,
- Manage and track the delivery of economic priorities, reporting on progress
- Write and monitor communications to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s level or beyond preferred,
- 5-10 years of experience in research and public policy,
- Strong research and analytical skills with attention to detail, experience in complex, multifaceted project management, and data sources,
- Experience monitoring, summarizing, and analyzing legislation materials,
- Excellent writing and communication skills and the ability to present complex information to internal and external audiences with varying backgrounds and in a variety of formats, ranging from PowerPoint presentations and short summaries to detailed memos and white paper,
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills,
- Self-managed to use initiative and time management to prioritize work and deliver results,
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize with tight deadlines,
- Professional demeanor and presence, including the ability to handle confidential information,
- Must have the desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and to meet the needs of multiple demands as they arise.