My client a leading steel manufacturer in KSA is currently looking for Metallurgist (Plant Manager) to join their team in Riyadh. Reporting to CEO, you will manage workers in all 3 factories, design and control processes to separate metals from ore, monitor and test for corrosion and develop ways to improve metals by making them stronger or more adaptable. Below more details:
- Design and control processes to separate metals from ore
- Monitor and test for corrosion
- Develop ways to improve metals by making them stronger or more adaptable
- Test details to ensure they meet quality and safety standards.
- Assess the physical structure and behavior of metals
- Investigate accidents where it is suspected that the cause may be related to metallurgical failure, such as in air crashes
- Produce reports on research and tests carried out.
- Control the shaping of metals through casting, rolling, forging and drawing
- Join metals using welding and soldering techniques
- Design metal components and prototypes.
- Interpret and understand design drawings and make recommendations
- Make manufacturing time-critical decisions
- Monitor quality standards in manufacturing and finishing
- Take responsibility for health and safety issues of staff and components in manufacturing
- Carry out structural analysis using sophisticated computer software
- Write documents, manuals, metallurgical investigations, and reports in support of customer liaison
- Discuss different solutions to problems with other technical staff
- Interpret customers’ manufacturing design requirements and product application
- Install and commission processing equipment
- Research and develop test or repair technology and new products.
- Relevant University degree in Engineering, Materials Science or Engineering, Metallurgy, Manufacturing
- 15+ years of experience in the Steel industry and manufacturing management.
- Experience in scrap sorting and processing
- Experience in induction furnace operation
- Experience in hot rolling mill
- Responsible for P&L at a business unit level
- Experience in managing labor / teams in excess of 100+
- Experience in commissioning greenfield projects or modernization projects is a plus
CareerSaudia (A Service by CareerDubai) is an Executive Search & Recruitment Services focused on KSA based clients looking to hire Saudis and Expats. We have been in offering our Recruitment services to some top brands in KSA and known to deliver results. Our mission is to help our customers source and hire the most qualified professionals and to provide those professionals with the best job opportunities in their respective fields. Our specialty focus and exposure to highly skilled professional communities enable employers to reach hard-to-find, experienced and qualified candidates. We have instant access to local and global talent pool, bringing highest calibre of candidates with sought after skills and world class experience.