My client a leading Oil Company is currently looking for Vice President External Communications (UAE National) to join their team. Below more details:
- Manages the External Communication Department.
- This role is responsible for the development and provision of external-facing communications strategies, the implementation of stakeholder-targeted plans, measureable engagement and a process of international reputation development that builds and protects the image and public standing of the company.
- This role is also responsible for the development and management of a reputational risk assessment processes whereby short, medium and long term reputational risks are assessed and planned for.
- The development and management of the international stakeholder matrix is a key responsibility.
- Further crisis communications policies and processes are implemented and managed by this role.
- Develop corporate communication strategies to support and enhance the strengthening and protecting of the Group’s image and reputation among key stakeholders locally and internationally.
- Provide counsel to the Group’s Leadership and Senior Executive Management on critical and sensitive reputation issues and communication related challenges in order to inform effective decision-making.
- Manages the development and nurturing of strong media relations with core print and online media and journalists locally and internationally, in order to build and maintain both advantageous media opportunities and excellent long-term relationships.
- Leads analysis and response to trends and societal movements that relate to the public perception of the energy industry in order to continuously identify opportunities, risks and issues that could either potentially damage or enhance company’s public reputation.
- Manage the scripting of targeted and innovative storytelling and stakeholder engagement content in order to support the delivering of reliable, accurate and compelling messages to the desired target audiences.
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.
- Ensures that the planning and delivery of External Relations ‘product’ is effectively converted into specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time-bound performance objectives to achieve established service levels.
- Contributes to the development of the Directorate’s KPI’s and ensures the proper cascade of Performance Objectives within the Division.
- This role should establish a process monitoring mechanism to ensure the delivery of all these objectives and ensure that the culture of External Relations promotes and rewards a performance driven culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications or equivalent.
- 15+ years of professional experience in External Communications.
- 5 years in a managerial / supervisory position of an international department with similar requirements and business focused needs.
- Strong knowledge of international External Communications methodologies and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of public relations strategy development and implementation, and an ability to devise strategies that clearly supports business ambitions.
- Creative and innovative approach to communications with the ability to identify new ways of working and lead change.
- The ability to recruit and build a team whose culture and attitude reflect a fast paced, pressurised and delivery-oriented culture.
- Strong knowledge of reputation management techniques and concepts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
CareerDubai is a Specialist Recruitment/Executive Search company active in Dubai since 2004. We have an established and respected presence in Dubai and the region and are known of delivering results in record time bringing significant time and cost savings. We have instant access to a global talent pool, bringing highest calibre of candidates with sought after skills and world class experience.