My client a leading tech hub in Dubai is currently looking for a bright and motivated WordPress and Tech Operations Lead Developer. You will lead the management of all tech systems and platforms. This role requires experience as a custom WordPress developer and is designed for an organized project manager with the ability to take full ownership of our existing tech systems and adding new systems in the future.
You will be responsible for developing a tech roadmap integrating and improving our various systems across the organization and working with the management team to plan its execution.
- Edit plugins and custom themes
- Convert designs to match our theme (using components and design plugin tools, such as Elementor)
- Take ownership of our WordPress environment and suggest improvements in our WordPress setup
- Constantly update our plugins and running tests on our live environment to ensure our systems are running smoothly
- Taking frequent backups of our data, with the ability to avoid downtime in case of emergencies
- Optimize our site for page speed and technical SEO
- Handle all of our external tech systems, including our WordPress websites and Integrations (Hubspot, Zapier, Airtable, and Mailchimp)
- Be able to pull in data from API’s for any custom work we need (connecting to No Code tools, like Zapier & Google Data Studio)
- Responsible for proactively securing our core systems, including ensuring all software updates are applied and any vulnerabilities are closed
- Support the Operations teams in maintaining and upgrading some of our physical tech infrastructure
- Experience in managing a complex WordPress environment with custom pages and post types (eCommerce and learning management system functionality
- Experience in managing a live Woocommerce Store
- Experience in managing tasks across multiple stakeholders, with a system of prioritization and roadmapping (e.g. Kanban system)
- PHP developer with experience in custom WordPress development
- Very structured and organized
- Have an “Inbox Zero” mentality and always close the loop with the team
My client is a capability building company, developing the digital ecosystem of the MENA region. They are growing the innovation economy in the region by supporting hundreds of global ventures and entrepreneurs with local business licensing and coworking at our network of collaborative spaces in the UAE and Saudi Arabia.